: Analysis :
In order to find out whether the imagery is newer or older, I have taken the liberty of snagging a screenshot of the close-up of the World War II memorial. I found this location to be the easiest to identify the approximate date. Below is a screen shot from Google Earth and from MSN’s Virtual Earth.
: April 2002 USGS Aerial Photography via Virtual Earth :
After spending some time looking at the imagery, I believe that the Google Earth imagery is actually newer. For it to be newer, this goes against my initial suspicion that Google Earth was changing their imagery to older imagery to prevent it to be used for terrorism. Ohh, I just realized that in the USGS imagery the Mandarin Oriental Hotel is under construction as well.
- Mentioned Today On The Huffington Post Concerning Facebook's Censorship of Advertisements Related To Cannabis
- Washington Monument Quilt #2
- Dear WashingtonPost.com: Either You Are Censoring Bloggers Or Your 3rd Party Widget Isn't Working Properly
- Where did Google's video rankings go?
- Google FINALLY updates the imagery of Washington, DC and now you can kinda see the message on my rooftop
- An Odd DC Indymedia Edit
- Google Street View of Washington, DC suffers from out-dated imagery
- View of a House Party Censored By Colored Dots
- Interviews with Alex Jones at the DNC in Denver and other videos
- One year later and Google Maps has still not updated DC
- First Amendment Violation in Lafayette Park yesterday; ACLU contacted
- Experimenting with Facebook's advertisement system [part 4 - Fvck Censorship]
- What the Artomatic 2008 venue looked like in March of 2005
- Geovisual QR Code
- The first Artomatic prints have arrived
- White House Peace
- Indirectly referenced in the Sydney Morning News?
- MyGoogleMaps : Google's Censorship Perimeter
- 3D Buildings at the expense of newer imagery?
- Google's View of D.C. Melds New and Sharp, Old and Fuzzy - Washington Post
- A new change in Washington, DC's imagery on Google's servers
- Comparative Meta-Data of the USGS Orthoimagery of Washington, DC - 2002 / 2005
- The White House is Off-Limits to the Public: An Exploration of Censorship's Perimeter
- The U.S. Capitol is Off-Limits to the Public: An Exploration of Censorship's Perimeter
- Censored today in theMail...
- Baghdad Imagery change in Google Earth
- I'm off google
- Redacted Flag
- Censorship on the 4th of July
- U.S. Naval Observatory Lenz #2
- U.S. Naval Observatory Lenz
- The Inaugural Map & January 6th