After making yesterday’s map, I thought it would be interesting to expand on the “sister circle” concept and make a similar version of Dupont Circle. The process involved in making this map is something I have never done before. I took the source tile from Logan Circle Quilt #2 and reduced it to the original 3,000 x 3,000 size and opened up Dupont Circle Quilt 2005. Once the opened, I overlaid the source location on to Dupont map and tried my best to place it on the exact same location. This involved an attempt to overlay the circles on top of one another. The assumption was that they were the same in size, so by adjusting the opacity of Logan Circle, I was able to fit them on top of eachother. Of course it wasn’t exact, but what it allowed me to do was to copy the same location and create a very similar tessellation. I know it wasn’t perfect because the circle is slightly truncated when overlapped. You can see this (below) in the way that the fountain does not show up properly. Regardless, I am really pleased with the way the new process turned out.
View the Google Map of Dupont Circle in Washington, DC.
- DC Flag Day in the Flesh
- YouTube Videos & Photograph From Last Weekend's Historic Snowball Fight In Dupont Circle
- FRIEND REQUEST: MCA Invitational
- Photographs from The Phillips Collection After 5 exhibition: "Sensory Remix: A Video-Art Collage"
- The sign I posted outside of MTV's Real World DC house is transcribed in today's Washington Post
- Revisiting the Dupont Lenz Quilt Animation
- A message to MTV's Real World DC cast members: IN THE REAL WORLD ALL AMERICANS DESERVE FULL REPRESENTATION IN CONGRESS
- YouTube video of the "Reclaim the Streets" demonstration [Summer 2001]
- Scott + Dupont Circle Quilt
- Washington + Dupont Circle Quilt
- Poor Map Design: 5 Guys Famous Burgers & Fries
- Dupont Circle Quilt 2005 #2
- Dupont Lenz Quilt Animation
- Dupont Circle Quilt 2005
- Dupont Circle Quilt #2
- Dupont Circle Quilt