The other week I attempted to hack the QR-Code to see if I could visually embed a censored aerial photograph of the Washington Monument to create “Geovisual QR Code“. While I was unsuccessful, I enjoyed the process of experimenting with this type of visual code.
Today I tried to make a second QR Code design based off a QR Code tessellation. I was able to make the tessellation without a problem and when I was finished I saved the new QR Code as a GIF. When I imported the GIF into my rendering program I noticed that something was awry. Instead of being shown in black & white I was seeing bits of color. I assume that this happened because the program does not take GIF files well. This might have happened because I saved the GIF as an interlaced file and when the program was deconstructing the GIF it created some type of visual static. Instead of casting the mistake aside, I decided to see what the final result would be, and frankly sometimes even mistakes can look quite cool.
Up next will be the intended QR Code design.
View the rest of the details:
Related QR Code Entries:
- Teki Latex dans un QR Code tee-shirt
- My Artomatic 2009 Opening Night Exhibit Dissected on Flickr
- A dual purpose QR-Code added to the splash page
- QR Code on display at the Ralph Lauren store in Georgetown
- My Artomatic 2008 Opening Night Exhibit Dissected on Flickr
- The Base Map Installation @ Artomatic
- QR Code Tessellation
- another QR Code mistake
- Geovisual QR Code