These are my links for February 25th:
- Conundrum: Media Companies and Social Media – The paradox lies in this: As content becomes increasingly channel-agnostic (due in large part to, and perpetuated by, social media) and the demand for ubiquitous content across multiple channels and services rises– media companies find themselves in increasingly precarious positions as ultimately, their business models are extremely channel-dependent.
- Scratchers Calendar Design – I still haven't made my 2009 calendars yet. Scratch that.
- My Google Adsense Income – a fake Google Adsense Generator to show how much money you are making. Make sure you click on the ads.
- Farming Fuels – As such, algae are able to yield thirty times more energy per acre than corn or soybean crops, theoretically producing over 10,000 gallons of fuel per acre (recent closed loop systems claim to produce between 100,000 – 150,000 gallons per acre). To put this in perspective, soy produces 50 gallons of oil per acre per year; canola, 150 gallons; and palm, 650 gallons.
- Peux-t-on rire de tout avec une carte ? – Photos of the Europa map… "l’art c’est la liberté, la liberté d’expression est un principe fondateur de la démocratie ». « Se rendre compte des préjugés est une condition sine qua non pour s’en débarrasser"
- About those missing Predator drones: It wasn't censorship after all – So yesterday's link about Google censorship was wrong… I'm skeptical.
- Fenty's Late Night on Larry King Live – The LAST chapter? So, no senators, no statehood, nothing beyond the current bill? [I added a comment with Mayor Fenty's reply to Larry King's final question]
- #19226 – This is a kinetic sculpture of a biker in… – The wheels are moved by the flow of the water.