Saturday night I was on my way over to a friend’s 1990’s-themed house party and when I got to the house I realized that I had left my bicycle lock at my home. Perturbed, I hopped back on my bicycle, pedaled home as fast as I could, and when I arrived at my house, I received a text message from a different friend asking me to bring over his laser that he’d left at my house the previous night. I weighed my options and decided to bring the laser to my friend’s apartment in Adams Morgan. After I arrived, we decided the best place to shoot the laser in the apartment was down the length of his long hallway. I noticed that there was a tripod in the kitchen, so I decided to get out my small camera and take some photographs of this major laser in the hallway.
The following photographs were taken using my Canon SD750 and the aforementioned tripod and laser using long exposure settings to capture the geometric designs the laser created:
This shot was taken with the camera moving. If you look closely, in the center of the photograph you can see the hallway door
View of the hallway with the green laser making circular designs
Animated GIF of two photographs showing the hallway at different exposures.
The second image was slightly modified to line up the floor, however this caused the crack below to door to move slightly.
This shot was taken with my friend stretching out their arm to support their weight against the wall
The result of the timelapse + laser is that their body became colored by the laser beams.
My friend leaning against the wall as the laser paints her body.
If you look closely, you can see her purse and right arm.
Animated GIF using three photographs featuring my friend wearing furry boxers.
If you look closely, you can see the way the laser light disperses within the fur fabric.
A washed out photograph of two of my friends
My friend had a metal laser-cut head of Jerry Garcia that we placed next above a candle.
The purple orb that appeared in the photograph is a mystery!
This photograph reminded me of space….
Related Photography Entries:
- Photograph of the Vigil for the 40 Year Anniversary of America's War on Drugs
- Photographs from the top of Pike's Peak
- Photographs of Backpacking in the San Isabel National Forest
- Photographs of Rock Climbing in Pike National Forest
- Photograph of the Aftermath of the Haymen Fire in Pike National Forest
- The Vacuum Cleaner Yard
- Off to Colorado --> It's All Good
- The Broadleaf Batavian Escarole Blooms
- Poor Cucumber Flower
- [FOUND MAP] 50+ Yard Sales in Adams Morgan
- The Aphid Invasion of the Escarole
- Photographs of Pink Green Bean Flowers, Basil, and Smokey Bronze Fennel
- Subcommittee on Health Care, District of Columbia, Census and the National Archives: Hearing on the District of Columbia's Fiscal Year 2012 Budget: "Ensuring Fiscal Sustainability"
- Blooming Pink Chives & the Air Conditioner
- Safe Access DC's Protest at the Department of Justice
- The Empty Trashcan Rat Trap
- Water droplets on green bean leaves
- Photographs of a Ladybug in the garden
- Photographs of pink chive buds
- You know it's spring when daffodils begin to bloom
- Springtime photographs of sedum telephium ‘Autumn Joy’
- Empty Planters (not for long)
- Photographs of the 2011 Indoor Germination Station
- Basil Sprouts
- Agent Orange? A chemical defoliant used on my neighbor's backyard
- Baby Potato
- [FOUND MAP] The Lining of a Leather Jacket
- Bringing your baby hedgehog to the neighborhood dive bar?
- Sunset from near the top of Cheat Mountain, West Virginia
- Bullets on sale at Wal-Mart
- Now that is a parking job...
- Chemtrails Over DC
- Backpacking Photos from Pike National Forest in Colorado
- Photos from the Opening of “Mapping:Outside/Inside” at the Gershman Y
- Photos from Emancipation Day 2010 by Elvert Barnes
- YouTube Videos & Photograph From Last Weekend's Historic Snowball Fight In Dupont Circle
- [Found Map] The 3rd District Police Station in Washington, DC
- Photograph of when an innocent card game made me feel sad
- Two Photographs of Park La Brea Quilt #3 on display at FRIEND REQUEST
- The DC Colonist is now officially stock photo
- "Welcome to my room" - A YouTube video showing my outdoor photo installation for Fotoweek DC
- YouTube Videos, Photos, and Newspaper Articles About American Farmers and Businessmen Planting Hemp Seeds at the DEA Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
- The Localized Nationalism of Sports Jerseys
- Growing a Jaloro plant on my back deck - Part Five [The Second Harvest]
- Who Carries 8 Quarters? Photographs of the Wall Street Journal Newspaper Vending Machine Which Takes Credit Cards
- The Scourge of this Summer's Garden: Spider Mites
- Photographs from Park(ing) Day DC 2009
- Alfa Omega Tax Services..... a Change in Your Finances
- Three Photographs of Cara Ober's exhibit "Love Letters" at Civilian Art Projects
- Photographs of the Taxpayers March on Washington [PART THREE]
- Photographs of the Taxpayers March on Washington [PART TWO]
- Photographs of the Taxpayers March on Washington [PART ONE]
- Photographs of Friday's Opening Rally of the Taxpayers March on DC at CityCenterDC
- Photos from the Metropolis Now! closing party at the Meridian International Center
- Map Tattoo: The State of Maryland
- Banner at Amsterdam Falafel in Adams Morgan: "Care About Your Citizens / Healthcare For All, Now!"
- Photograph Of The Daily Render On Two Computer Monitors
- "NO" - Found Cartographic Typography
- Photographs of a Major Laser in the Hallway [Timelapse Laser Painting]
- Photographs from The Phillips Collection After 5 exhibition: "Sensory Remix: A Video-Art Collage"
- Signs of the Time: The Healthcare Hipster [OBAMA BRING BACK ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT]
- Photo of the Sandy Spring Friends School Quilt Printed on Polyester Fabric
- Growing a Jaloro plant on my back deck - Part Four
- Photos from the Summer Harvest Celebration at Whipple Farms
- Neda, Haile Selassie, and Rootz
- Growing a Jaloro plant on my back deck - Part Three
- Urban Rainbow #2
- No Requests: a t-shirt for DJs who don't like to be bothered
- Urban Rainbow #1
- [Found Maps] License Plate Maps of DC & Maryland at Artomatic 2009
- Growing a Jaloro plant on my back deck - Part Two
- A passive-agressive note to my Dear Neighbor in the English Basement
- [FOUND MAP] Dear WMATA, is it called the Hirshhorn Gallery or Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden?
- Growing a Jaloro plant on my back deck - Part One
- [Found Map] Topographic window sign at Current Lounge & Sushi Restaurant
- Unique Maps of Iraq in the Iraqi Embassy in Washington, DC
- Happy 4th of July, but remember...
- [Closing Today] Photocartographies: Tattered Fragments of the Map
- Signs of the Time: Michael Jackson
- My Artomatic 2009 Opening Night Exhibit Dissected on Flickr
- Surveillance under Freedom
- Today at Lafayette Park: YouTube Video of the Tibetan National Uprising Day Rally and SEIU's Employee Free Choice Act rally
- Photos and a YouTube Video of the Capitol Climate Action at the Capitol Power Plant
- Photos from the DC Manifest Hope Gallery Party
- Two photos from the We Are One concert on the National Mall
- Yes We Can - DC Statehood Now!
- Time-lapse photograph of Mercury, Jupiter, and an airplane taking off
- Birds of Colorado: The Stellar's Jay
- Birds of Colorado: The Hairy Woodpecker
- Birds of Colorado: The Pine Siskin
- A slightly blurry view of Mount Princeton from Buena Vista
- A panoramic view of South Park & beyond
- Elk outside of Rocky Mountain National Park
- Photos from a frozen Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park
- A cap cloud on the continental divide
- Photo of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado
- Free beer at the New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado
- Photos of Dorothy the neighborhood doe and her friendly herd
- The 11 Mile Canyon Dam
- View of the mountains from the tarmac at the Salt Lake City Airport
- Timelapse Photography of the Apotheosis of Saint Louis and the exterior of the Saint Louis Art Museum
- A Thank You Note to Muntazer al-Zaidi outside Busboys & Poets
- Astrophotography of the conjunction of the Crescent Moon, Venus, and Jupiter
- A Bike Above The Rest
- Stereocard of the Great Hall in the Vatican Library
- Bird's Eye views of Big Diomede, Russia
- The Washington Minarat - A poorly designed public service advertisement currently on Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority buses
- Assaulted in my neighborhood---- again.
- Geospatial Art in a box - The Anticipation
- You're A Nation!
- Self-Portrait with Sunburst Mirror
- A View of a Partially Decorated Kitchen Wall
- View of a House Party Censored By Colored Dots
- Hallway view of the first edition of the New & Arabesque Map of the Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden
- October Sunset
- New York City Photo Series #6 - Looking at the southeastern skyline
- New York City Photo Series #5 - One Worldwide Plaza
- New York City Photo Series #4 - Ludlow & Rivington
- New York City Photo Series #3 - Corner of Rivington & Essex - Timelapse
- New York City Photo Series #2 - Corner of Rivington & Essex
- New York City Photo Series #1 - Economy Candy
- Photo of my presentation at the New York Public Library
- Kiss My Art, Just Kiss It
- A Black Bear in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Democratic National Convention 2008 - Photos from Day Three
- Democratic National Convention 2008 - Photos from Day Two
- Democratic National Convention 2008 - Photos from Day One
- My Weekend in Photos [8/22-8/24]
- Locking a bicycle high up in a tree stymies short thieves, but damages trees
- A World Map Sign @ the A N M Market & Deli in the Atlas District
- Photos from last night's "Quart Bag" exhibition @ the Civilian Art Projects
- 24 on 14th - One Long Day on 14th by Graeme King
- Tag Galaxy [featuring Artomatic 2008 photos]
- Thievery Corporation 2006 Blurb Book by Rob Myers