This is my fourth rendering of my childhood apartment in Ballwin, Missouri. While I really like the way the quilt looks, shortly after I started the rendering I realized I could have just as easily made this image in Photoshop. The modified imagery I used was the first derivative of the Ballwin Lenz #2 and what I’ve realized is that since the imagery was derived from a previous rendering that already has the axis’s of symmetry embedded within it, the current template will not reflect the imagery to create a noticeable result.
Basically I am trying reflect something that has already been reflected and it is not going to bend anymore unless I modify the first derivative imagery to an extant that the future line of symmetry will be on a seam that I have not used yet. The first derivative used in this rendering was originally reflected at 45 degree intervals (0,45,90,135,180,225,270,and 315 degrees) so for it to be further reflected I need to either rotate the source imagery or reflect the imagery at an angle that divides into 360 evenly and doesn’t fall on the same degrees as the original. My only second derivative work, rotated at 12 degree intervals, but the final result is a bit too busy for my taste. I am really fascinated by this imagery discovery that I’m working on :) Science + Art = Beauty