I cut out a small portion of Las Vegas Quilt #1 and tessellated it to create this first derivative. When I set this up to render I made a slight, but unimportant mistake. When making these maps I try to keep the final spatial resolution as close as the original spatial resolution and in this map I zoomed out to a point where the final product is about half as detailed as the source tessellation. I wanted the map to contain the outer hexagon (while outline above) but in doing that I had to lose some spatial resolution. Nonetheless, I like how this turned out. I need to make more derivative works simply because they tend to be more pleasing to the eye due to their higher levels of symmetry. I also need to add another category for these maps, but that involves going back over all the maps and reassigning those that are derivatives. Itâ€™s not a task I want to do at the moment!