Georgetown Quilt – East / Center / West are 3 new limited edition maps that are being created for the upcoming exhibition at The Old Print Gallery. Each individual map is composed of a section of Georgetown stretching between Rock Creek Park (East) to the area around The Old Print Gallery (Center) to the Key Bridge (West). Georgetown Quilt – Center is composed of what I call an Octagon Quilt Projection map because there are 8 lines of symmetry that radiate from the center of the map. The East & West maps, which will flank the Center, were created using the Hexagon Quilt Projection, which creates 6 lines of symmetry radiating from the center.
View the Google Map of the western portion of the Georgetown neighborhood in the District of Columbia.
View the rest of the details:
Related Georgetown Entries:
- Feature in today's Weekend Pass Section of the Washington Post's Express Newspaper: "Geo-Beautiful"
- My Artist Talk At The Old Print Gallery
- Listing of Maps on Display at The Old Print Gallery
- Georgetown Quilt - East
- Georgetown Quilt - Center
- [Upcoming Exhibition] Geospatial Art at The Old Print Gallery
- "NO" - Found Cartographic Typography
- YouTube videos from the DC Manifest Hope Gallery Party
- Georgetown Quilt #5
- QR Code on display at the Ralph Lauren store in Georgetown
- Georgetown Quilt #4
- Georgetown Quilt #3
- Georgetown Quilt #2
- Georgetown Lenz #2
- Georgetown Lenz
- Georgetown Quilt
[…] Quilt – East / Center / West are 3 new limited edition maps that are being created for the upcoming exhibition at The Old Print […]
Pingback by Georgetown Quilt – East // The Daily Render by Nikolas R. Schiller — 9/22/2010 @ 9:03 pm
[…] Georgetown Quilt – West […]
Pingback by Listing of Maps on Display at The Old Print Gallery // The Daily Render by Nikolas R. Schiller — 10/4/2010 @ 4:52 pm