The Ouroboros is a serpent or worm who eats its own tail. It has been used to represent many things over the ages, but it most generally symbolizes the ideas of cyclicality, unity, infinity, and for this short video, a Great Grey Slug.
Saturday night I was in Baltimore over at a friend’s house and we noticed some slugs crawling up the walls on her back porch. A couple hours later I found the slug on a metal spike and decided to bring it inside to make a time-lapse recording of the slug moving around. After watching the recording a few times, I noticed that it appeared that the slug was always moving in a circle.
Unlike previous short videos that I’ve made recently, I decided to add some music to give it some extra zest. I believe chose I Concerto in A minor, Op. 102 ‘Double Concerto’ – III. Vivace non Troppo performed by Isaac Stern, but I’m not 100% sure because the MP3 that I was given about a year ago did not have the proper citation.
Make sure to look closely at the hole in the side of the slug its a rather interesting breathing apparatus. Also, if you look even more closely, you’ll see my reflection in the pots & pans in the background.
Related Vimeo Entries:
- DC Flag Day in the Flesh
- The U.S. Capitol surrounded by high-rise buildings in Fort Knox Five's new music video "SHIFT" featuring Afrika Bambaataa & Mustafa Akbar
- Charlie Chaplin's speech in the The Great Dictator (1940)
- Revisiting the Dupont Lenz Quilt Animation
- Time-Lapse Video of the Conjunction of Venus, Jupiter, and a Crescent Moon in Washington, DC
- Short NASA video of the 2004 Transit of Venus
- Jason Linkins 2008 Election Recap is up on the Huffington Post
- Video of my vote at Precinct #137 in Washington, DC
- Harvest Moon in Washington, DC Timelapse Video
- Iraq Veterans Against the War Concert & March at the 2008 DNC
- A Polar Bear In Denver
- A video of an American Goldfinch eating my sunflower's seeds
- Bicycle ride home from the 18th Street Lounge in time-lapse
- OUROBOROS : A Sluggish Time-Lapse Short Video
- A Ziploc Bag of Leftovers Overlooked
- Jupiter traveling through the night sky of Washington, DC
- An interview on a bicycle conducted while riding through Amsterdam
- 24 Hours in Rocky Mountain National Park