We got an AP report out- excellent :)
D.C. Voting Rights Advocates Hope To Sway International Group
Friday July 01, 2005 2:40pm
Washington (AP) – Supporters of D.C. voting rights are hoping to gain some key international support.
More than 100 people rallied at Freedom Plaza to educate members of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, which promotes democracy around the world.
The group is holding meetings at a nearby hotel.
D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton is among those who spoke at the rally. Norton, who can vote in committee but not on the House floor, says D.C. residents are tired of being “outsiders” in their own country.
Norton plans to meet with the international group.
Four voting machines have been set up on Freedom Plaza, surrounded by a chain link fence and yellow signs that read “D.C. Residents Keep Out! By Order of Congress.”
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press.
Not very interesting or very informative, but I am glad it was written. Too bad few outlets picked up this news bit.
Related OSCE Entries:
- A New Strategy For Full Representation in Congress: Have the District of Columbia Government Sue State Legislatures
- The D.C. Colonist receives a warm welcome from Senator Joe Lieberman at today's Business Meeting of the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- The Organization For Security And Cooperation In Europe Continues To Press The US Goverment on Full Congressional Representation for D.C. Residents
- OSCE Finds US Government Violates Human Rights
- I am mentioned in the Northwest Current
- International Body Backs Vote for D.C.
- OSCE Parliamentary Assembly adopts Washington Declaration
- Examiner Coverage of our OSCE Maritime Lobbying Effort
- The first DC Democracy Naval Battle
- Out of Committee
- Liberté, égalité, fraternité - OSCE
- Sway with me
- OSCE Rally Friday!
- DC City Council Passes OSCE Resolution