On Monday I purchased the printable T-shirt transfers from Staples, on Tuesday I went to American Apparel to buy two shirts, and today I made my first geospatial fashion design (above, using the graphics from “Ball of Destruction“). I ended up wearing it to ESL and got a lot of great feedback from random people :) If I am able to secure the wholesale prices from American Apparel I’d like to make an entire line of clothing. I’m still trying to parse out the interesting and unique ways I’d be able to design the clothing, but I think what I made is a positive start. Got a t-shirt idea? Leave me a comment!
This shirt somehow ended up being mentioned in the Washington Post article “Here Be Dragons” by David Montgomery.
Related Fashion Entries:
- Designed Two New Shirts
- Give Me Some %20 (space) - An HTML Code T-Shirt Design
- Second Class Citizen: A Shirt of Shame
- The DC Colonist is now officially stock photo
- The D.C. Colonist Is The Subject Of A Letter To The Editor In Today's Washington Post
- The D.C. Colonist is featured today's The Reliable Source column in the Style Section of the Washington Post
- WAMU Coverage of the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce, Postal Service and the District of Columbia hearing titled "Greater Autonomy for the Nation's Capitol"
- The Localized Nationalism of Sports Jerseys
- Photographs of the Taxpayers March on Washington [PART ONE]
- Twitter T-Shirt Design: "I PREFER TO BE FOLLOWED @USERNAME"
- No Requests: a t-shirt for DJs who don't like to be bothered
- She's got the sole of the city with SWIMS galoshes
- Federico Aubele's Anthropomorphic Map of Panamericana
- The Adidas World Map and the Adidas Map of the Western Hemisphere
- QR Code on display at the Ralph Lauren store in Georgetown
- My Weekend in Photos [8/22-8/24]
- Photos from last night's "Quart Bag" exhibition @ the Civilian Art Projects
- An interview on a bicycle conducted while riding through Amsterdam
- Hipster : The Dead End of Western Civilization By Douglas Haddow
- Cartographic Clothing from Express
- Blue Balls [Hexcode T-Shirt Humor]
- #006900 Party [that's Green Party in Hexadecimal Color Code]
- the world is you, a fashion experiment