This Earth Day I am calling out corporate greenwashing being employed by NBC Universal . The calculated lie (below) is that they are not forming a new “Green Party,” rather they are subverting the existence of one of the few 3rd parties in American politics.
When this week is over, I sincerely wonder how many times will NBC Universal feature the Green Party’s presidential candidate on any of it’s stations? That is less of a question and more of a challenge. My null hypothesis is that there will be no mention of the Green Party of the United States, rather lots of tips on living green instead of empowering people that they have the option to vote Green in November.
NBC Universal is 80% owned by General Electric and this type of greenwashing is designed to help distance people’s concerns about General Electric’s nuclear reactor business operations. It’s ironic that it was protests against nuclear energy that helped propel the German Green Party into the political spotlight.
View the modified screen grab:
Related Green Entries:
- “Representation, Reforestation” Was Selected For The DC Urban Forest Project
- Holy Cow, This Cleaning Product Is Not Organic
- Photos and a YouTube Video of the Capitol Climate Action at the Capitol Power Plant
- YouTube Has Chosen For You! - Digital Scrapbooking Explicit Bipartisanship
- Tonight! Art Party @ Capitol Hemp
- Face the (Corporate) Candidates on YouTube
- #006900 Party [that's Green Party in Hexadecimal Color Code]
- NBC Universal is co-opting the Green Party of the United States this Earth Day
- D.C. to get it's first hemp store: Capitol Hemp
- My vote verified by a paper ballot
- The M&M's of Australia say Vote Green
- 2008 Green Party Debate [tonight on KPFA]
- Special elections are today...
- The #2 Political Party in Washington, DC
- Is the DC Colonist a Netscape Celebrity?
- Salt Lake Tribune covers the D.C. Colonist
- ABC 7 Covers the D.C. Colonist...
- The DC Colonist is in a Scripts Howard wire report
- Gimmicky Green Party Google Maps
- Tucson Arizona recap
- Tea Time...
- 2006 Green Party National Meeting
- Taxation Without Representation Google Map
- Green Jews campaign against partyâ€™s Israel divestment resolution
- The Water Cone
- DC Area Farmers Markets
- Anthony & I like maps!
- DC Department of the Environment
- The Everywhere Man Award
- December Green Party Meeting
- USDA, where is your organic?
- I live in the District of the 42nd State, sorta
- Civic Footprint
- seeds of change
- poem: It's gettin hotter in here
- USDA Organic Bodycare - Victory!
- Censorship on the 4th of July
- Examiner Coverage of our OSCE Maritime Lobbying Effort
- Liberté, égalité, fraternité - OSCE
- How many Greens are there in the EU Parliament?
- Reasons to be a vegetarian
- Lights Out~!
- Store Wars
- p3 continued...
- DC Colonists video clip
- Green Week 2K5
- The D.C. Colonist makes his baseball debut!
- DCist Covers the Colonist
- DC Colonists - Flyer & Press Release
- The Inaugural Map Recap
- save RFK!
- The D.C. Colonist in the Washington Post
- The Colonist in the Post
- gaia theory
- climate change.... feel it
- Arrested Developments
- its warming up
- welcome to the greenzone
- party on down
- bizzy bizzy
- you a size large, not extra large
- True Cost Organic
- morning notes
- ..still fasting..
- Brussels & the American Candidate
- the true cost paradigm
- Washington Post: Red, White and Golden Arches: The Star-Spangled Banner Ad
- The Recycling Room